- About Digital Windham
- 1910 Willimantic
- Browse Exhibits
- Browse Items
Automobile culture in the state was quite popular. Connecticut had an Automobile Association which the Willimantic Automobile Club, created sometime around 1908, joined. At the time of the club's inception, there were about 50 resident automobile owners in the city which was a good number for the club to start with.
The Willimantic Automobile Club was active in town and often provided cars of its club members to participate in events or celebrations. The first elected president of the club was Dr. John Weldon and the first director of the state body was De Witt C. Hill.